Before we take a look the Benefit of PageRank (PR) and Search Engine Result Page (SERP) on Marketing Function.
A. PageRank (PR)
PageRank (PR) is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page and used by the Google Internet search engine, that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of “measuring” its relative importance within the set.
The Google Toolbar’s PageRank feature displays a visited page’s PageRank as a whole number between 0 and 10. The most popular websites have a PageRank of 10. The least have a PageRank of 0. Google has not disclosed the specific method for determining a Toolbar PageRank value, which is to be considered only a rough indication of the value of a website.
B. Search Engine Result Page (SERP)
A search engine results Page (SERP), is the listing of results returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query. The results normally include a list of items with titles, a reference to the full version, and a short description showing where the Keywords have matched content within the page.
C. PageRank vs Search Engine Result Page
PageRank (PR) measuring popularity of the website
Search Engine Result Page (SERP) measuring results displayed by search engine in response to a keyword query typed by search engine visitors. For better SERP, site owners normally using a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services or PPC (Paid Per Click)
Does the website which have better PageRank (PR) will have better Search Engine Result Page?
No, The website which have better PageRank (PR) compare to it’s competitor doesn’t guarantee will have better position on search engine result page. (See sample image on B and below)
Image B – The SERP of shypassion is better than facebook using keyword “free social networking sites”
D. Marketing Function
Internet marketing is part of Marketing Tools especially promotion tools on 4P theory. Nowadays “internet marketing role” is growing rapidly as well as the growth of internet users. That we can promote or socialize our product/services/brand on the internet.
E. Benefit on Marketing of PageRank (PR) vs Search Engine Result Page (SERP) ?
- PageRank (PR) measuring popularity of the website that will benefit for the brand image of the website by it’s popular site indicator.
- Search Engine Result Page(SERP) measuring results displayed by search engine in response to a keyword query typed by search engine visitors that will benefit for promoting the website to gain more visitors by gaining the advantage of better position on search engine results.
- Long term result and strategy : SERP is better than PR because
- It will helping larger the market shares each days from the better search result on the search engines and will improving the popularity.
- Case : If your position is follower, challenger or niche once a day it will improve your position to be better from the advantage of better result on the search engines and gaining new visitors each day.